PEAK WELLNESS CENTER
Peak has a definite purpose and we are driven by it. We are and will remain the top leaders in mental health care. We will provide all our services with excellence, poise, and a bright smile. We are united in the fact that reaching the 'peak', or the pinnacle as a team is essential and vital to that cause. As a team, Peak embraces each client and fellow colleague with a heart full of empathy. From celebrating personal and corporate successes to working our way around detours and road blocks, we empathize and truly care about Peak Nation. Peak Wellness Center and all four of our counties aspire to be the absolute best by embracing our five core values: Community, Compassion, Excellence, Responsiveness and Trustworthiness! We believe that our clients are getting better care because they are coming to us and we deliver that better care. We are boldly dedicated to strengthening our community through wellness and empowering ourselves and others toward excellence.
Peak offers services ranging from trauma treatment to classes about parenting children with ADD/ADHD to supported housing for adults with severe mental illness. The Peak team customizes proven, evidence-based treatments and programs for the unique needs of each individual and family.
An inclusive, private, nonprofit clinic, Peak keeps high-quality services affordable for anyone in the community by accepting most insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid while also offering a sliding fee scale based on financial status.
Fully certified by the Behavioral Health Division of the Wyoming Department of Health, Peak has achieved internationally recognized CARF accreditation for excellence in the fields of mental health care and substance abuse treatment.
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (APRN)
Master's degree and/or graduate degree in Nursing
Community Mental Health Center experience preferred.
To advance the mission of PWC through the care and coordination of psychiatric services to our community. The nurse practitioner serves as a team member and often as a team leader in assisting in the review and consultation for care of many levels of mental health clients seeking services at Peak Wellness Center.
1. Provides initial and ongoing psychiatric assessment for agency clients to include: case reviews, clinical interviews, and treatment planning to ensure medical appropriateness and necessity.
2. Provides medication evaluations and prescribes medication as appropriate with follow-up evaluation as needed.
3. Coordinates with other Peak Wellness Center staff and other community providers in collaborative treatment.
4. Maintains physician portion of case records to reflect course of treatment and provide required documentation. Prepares needed reports of treatment as requested.
5. Provides program and case consultation and education services for agency staff, and other collateral treatment partners.
6. Liaison with local hospitals and other facilities as needed. Informs clinical staff of inpatient admission and treatment progress. Participates with clinical staff in discharge planning.
7. Provide emergency services during work hours. After hours consultation may be necessary.
8. Maintains the Agency standard of expected minimum direct service productivity.
9. Adheres to the Peak Wellness Center policies and procedures.
10. Understands and follows the Medical Practice Standards, including the code of ethics for the practice area in which the professional is licensed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Proficient with EHR (Carelogic and Drs First, to be trained during orientation)
· Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer
· Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
· Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Proficient with standard office equipment
· Medical, dental, vision and voluntary term life coverage available
· Paid vacation leave
· Paid sick leave
· Paid holidays
· Employer paid disability and term life coverage
· Immediate Voluntary 403(b) retirement
· Clinical supervision provided
· Staff development and training available
· HRSA affiliated (student loan repayment)