PEAK WELLNESS CENTER
Peak has a definite purpose and we are driven by it. We are and will remain the top leaders in mental health care. We will provide all our services with excellence, poise, and a bright smile. We are united in the fact that reaching the 'peak', or the pinnacle as a team is essential and vital to that cause. As a team, Peak embraces each client and fellow colleague with a heart full of empathy. From celebrating personal and corporate successes to working our way around detours and road blocks, we empathize and truly care about Peak Nation. Peak Wellness Center and all four of our counties aspire to be the absolute best by embracing our five core values: Community, Compassion, Excellence, Responsiveness and Trustworthiness! We believe that our clients are getting better care because they are coming to us…and we deliver that better care. We are boldly dedicated to strengthening our community through wellness and empowering ourselves and others toward excellence.
A leading provider of comprehensive, all-ages mental health and substance abuse treatment services in Wyoming, Peak Wellness Center, Inc., has served residents of Albany, Goshen, Laramie and Platte counties for over five decades.
Peak has a staff of nearly 200 and a clinical team of more than 110 specialists, including one of Wyoming's finest child psychiatrists. We offer services ranging from trauma treatment to classes about parenting children with ADD/ADHD to supported housing for adults with severe mental illness. The Peak team customizes proven, evidence-based treatments and programs for the unique needs of each individual and family.
An inclusive, private, nonprofit clinic, Peak keeps high-quality services affordable for anyone in the community by accepting most insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid while also offering a sliding fee scale based on financial status.
Fully certified by the Behavioral Health Division of the Wyoming Department of Health, Peak has achieved internationally recognized CARF accreditation for excellence in the fields of mental health care and substance abuse treatment.
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (APRN)
Peak Team Member
Master's degree and/or graduate degree in Nursing
Community Mental Health Center experience preferred.
Do you have a strong desire to be a part of a team that inspires our communities and teams to become their best selves?Our clients want to live their life to the fullest potential and they know that we have a passion to help them succeed in every moment of their life.The nurse practitioner will advance the mission of PWC through the care and coordination of psychiatric services to our community. The nurse practitioner serves as a team member and often as a team leader in assisting in the review and consultation for care of many levels of mental health clients seeking services at Peak Wellness Center.
1. Provides initial and ongoing psychiatric assessment for agency clients to include: case reviews, clinical interviews, and treatment planning to ensure medical appropriateness and necessity.
2. Provides medication evaluations and prescribes medication as appropriate with follow-up evaluation as needed.
3. Coordinates with other Peak Wellness Center staff and other community providers in collaborative treatment.
4. Maintains physician portion of case records to reflect course of treatment and provide required documentation. Prepares needed reports of treatment as requested.
5. Provides program and case consultation and education services for agency staff, and other collateral treatment partners.
6. Liaison with local hospitals and other facilities as needed. Informs clinical staff of inpatient admission and treatment progress. Participates with clinical staff in discharge planning.
7. Provide emergency services during work hours. After hours consultation may be necessary.
8. Maintains the Agency standard of expected minimum direct service productivity.
9. Adheres to the Peak Wellness Center policies and procedures.
10. Understands and follows the Medical Practice Standards, including the code of ethics for the practice area in which the professional is licensed.
Salary: DOELocation: Laramie, Wyoming
Often referred to as the "Gem City of the Plains, Laramie has been typified a 'Wild West Town' complete with its first historic territorial prison which is now an historic state site open for tours. Restored in 1989, the penitentiary site sits on 190 acres and includes a dinner theater, a country church, and a frontier town with living history characters. Special events taking place there include Ghost Tours of Laramie City, the Butch Cassidy Chili Cook-off, and theater performances. Outdoor activities in Laramie include skiing, snowmobiling, fishing, mountain biking as well as hiking. The Snowy Range Ski Area is situated approximately 30 miles from Laramie city and provides opportunities for downhill skiing and snowboarding. The Laramie Range as well as the Snowy Range offer numerous trails for mountain biking. Laramie citizens and visitors alike have the opportunity to see wildlife including elk, moose and pronghorn antelope. A vibrant, historic downtown, community festivals throughout the year, beautiful city parks, walking and biking trails, breath taking western night skies, active businesses throughout the town, and a warm western welcome among the residents make Laramie a perfect stopping point to settle down and create lasting memories.